Good sleeping habits are important when dealing with back or neck pain. The positions you are in while sleeping can even be the cause of pain. If you are recovering from pain, sleep becomes even more important because this is when your body rests and takes the time to heal itself. Here are some tips by Pompano back pain specialists for maintaining healthy sleeping habits:
- Avoid caffeine. Caffeine can stay active in your body for up to 7 hours. If you must have it, try switching to decaf towards the late afternoon.
- The quality of your mattress makes a big difference. Don’t go straight for the extra soft or the very firm mattresses, as they both can be counter-productive. Somewhere in the middle is ideal.
- Power naps really do work. A short nap in the middle of the day can give you a boost of needed energy; however, avoid taking long naps because that may affect your sleep routine and keep you up at night.
- Have a consistent bedtime. This will help your body adjust and ensures that you don’t stay awake for too long on a regular basis.
- Avoid any strenuous activity before bed. Exercise makes your brain more active, which may make it difficult to fall asleep.
- Remove any distracting electronic gadgets, like a TV or your phone from the bedroom.
If back or neck pain is making it difficult for you to sleep, visit a Pompano back pain specialist for assistance.
- Posted by cmcadmin
- On July 20, 2018
- 0 Comments